We've provided a quick checklist for you to consult as you prepare for the biggest selling days of the year:
- No time like the present: start your preparations NOW. As crazy as it sounds, holiday sales start their climb in September. And most shoppers start their research in October.
- Manage your calendar: keep in mind Black Friday and Cyber Monday are no longer the only days to monitor. Cyber Monday has long-since expanded to include the preceding weekend and go well into the rest of the week.
- Amass the deals: work with your suppliers to secure aggressive holiday specials that you can market for Black Friday or Cyber Week. You will need something to stand out from the crowd!
- Get your house in order: more shoppers researching means more potential buyers -- if they can find your product! Make sure you have all the product identifiers (UPCs, Brand, Part Number) so they can be found by search engines. Not sure how? Follow our best practices!
- Go mobile or go home: no change here from any other day on the Internet: more buyers are searching for items on the phone, so make sure your listings are mobile optimized. Check out our article on mobile optimization for more info!